- Affordable premiums
- Valid for visa
- Instant policy delivery
Health insurance in Croatia is mandatory during the whole duration of studies.
Non EU/EEA nationals (third country nationals)
Third countries students are those who’s nationality is non European Union or non European Economic Area country.
Foreign students with temporary residency in Croatia for secondary and higher education must proof that they have an insurance that covers their medical expenses during their stay in Croatia.
Without a valid private health and assistance insurance, foreign students needs to register by the Croatian health insurance fund (HZZO).
In all cases international health and assistance insurance is recommended and provide the following benefits :
1. Valid for obtaining the travel visa to Croatia
2. Cover emergency medical costs in Croatia and worldwide (excluding USA/Canada)
3. Cover all assistance benefits necessary during studies in Croatia :
- Emergency medical benefits (sickness and accident)
- Repatriation to your home country
- Ambulance by air, sea and ground
- Search and rescue
- Accidental death and disability benefits
- Third party liability insurance
Students with nationality from EU/EEA countries can request in their home country the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Thanks this card, EU/EEA nationals can benefit of the same cover as locals by the National health services.
Attention : The EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any travel protection, search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance… A private insurance is highly recommended in Croatia also for EU/EEA nationals during the entire stay in Croatia.