- Affordable premiums
- Valid for visa
- Instant policy delivery
Health insurance in Denmark is mandatory during the whole duration of studies.
All students : studies of less than 3 months
If you study less than 3 months in Denmark, you need an international student health and assistance insurance that covers your emergency medical treatments, repatriation, assistance...
Non EU/EEA nationals (third country nationals)
Students staying more than 3 months will be automatically enrolled by the Danish Health Security Act once they have their CPR registration (Yellow health insurance card). Thank this, you have access to medical facilities and treatments in Denmark.
The Danish health security will however not take in charge costs like medical evacuation or repatriation to your home country, assistance, search and rescue, personal third-party liability....
International private insurance is recommended and provide the following benefits :
1. Valid for obtaining the travel visa to Denmark
2. Cover emergency medical costs in Denmark and worldwide (excluding USA/Canada)
3. Cover all assistance benefits necessary during studies in Denmark :
- Emergency medical benefits (sickness and accident)
- Repatriation to your home country
- Ambulance by air, sea and ground
- Search and rescue
- Accidental death and disability benefits
- Third party liability insurance
Students with nationality from EU/EEA countries can request in their home country the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Thanks this card, EU/EEA nationals can benefit of the same cover as locals by the Danish Health Security Act.
Attention : The EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any travel protection, search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance… A private insurance is highly recommended in Denmark also for EU/EEA nationals during the entire stay in Denmark.