- Affordable premiums
- Valid for visa
- Instant policy delivery
Health insurance is mandatory in order to study in France.
Non EU/EEA nationals (third country nationals)
Third countries students are those whose nationality is non European Union or non European Economic Area country.
Students aged under 28 years old who study in France for at least 4 months, can be registered in French social security. Under 4 months, a private health insurance is necessary.
Students aged more than 28 years old who study in France for at least 4 months and more can request (without guarantee) a registration in the French social security. If they are not accepted, a private health insurance is necessary.
Private medical and assistance cover during your stay in France is highly recommended also if you are enrolled in the french social security for this reasons :
1. for obtaining the travel visa to France
2. for covering the medical costs until you are enrolled in the social security in France
3. for taking in charge all assistance benefits necessary during your studies in France like :
- Medical benefits (sickness and accident) not covered by the French social security
- Full medical benefits if you cannot be insured by the French social security
- Repatriation to your home country
- Ambulance by air, sea and ground
- Search and rescue
- Accidental death and disability benefits
- Third party liability insurance
Students with nationality from EU/EEA countries can request in their home country the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Thanks to this card, EU/EEA nationals can benefit from the same cover as the French health fund.
However, the EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any travel protection, search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance… A private insurance is highly recommended in France also for EU/EEA nationals during the entire stay in France.