Mobile menu

International student health insurance Poland

For foreign students studying in Poland
  • Best plan in Poland
  • Valid for visa
  • Instant policy delivery
Apply now
0.53 € /day
Swisscare product info
International student health insurance Poland

Which student health insurance is required for Polish student visa ?


Non EU/EEA nationals (third country nationals)

Third countries students are those who’s nationality is non European Union or non European Economic Area country.

Private insurance - min sum 30’000  - recommended to purchase before arrival in Poland

Student who’s nationality is non EU/EEA are required to purchase their private health insurance before arrival in Poland. This insurance is also necessary to obtain a student visa. The minimum insurance sum to cover is EUR 30’000.

EU/EEA Nationals

Students with nationality from EU/EEA countries can request in their home country the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Thanks this card, EU/EEA nationals can benefit of the same cover as locals by the NFZ (The Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia is the National Health Fund of Poland).

Attention : The EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any travel protection, search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance… A private insurance is highly recommended in Poland also for EU/EEA nationals during the entire stay in Poland. The NFZ provide basic medical services to foreigners.