- Affordable premiums
- Valid for visa
- Instant policy delivery
Health insurance in Hungary is mandatory during the whole duration of studies.
Non EU/EEA nationals (third country nationals)
Non EU/EEA are strongly advised to apply their international student health and assistance insurance before arrival to Hungary.
An international health and assistance insurance provide the following benefits :
1. Valid for obtaining the travel visa to Hungary
2. Cover emergency medical costs in Hungary and worldwide (excluding USA/Canada)
3. Cover all assistance benefits necessary during studies in Hungary :
- Emergency medical benefits (sickness and accident)
- Repatriation to your home country
- Ambulance by air, sea and ground
- Search and rescue
- Accidental death and disability benefits
- Third party liability insurance
Students coming from EU/EEA/CH could request the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) from their home country insurance provider. Thanks to the EHIC, the students could benefits from the public health services in Hungary.
Attention : The EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any travel protection, search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance…
A private insurance is highly recommended in Hungary also for EU/EEA/CH nationals during the entire stay in Hungary.